Tape Measure Tool: Scaling entities
You can rescale one or more entities using the Tape Measure tool. To scale an one or more entities:
- Select the Select tool (). The cursor changes to an arrow.
- Select the entities you want to scale.
- Context-click while the cursor is over one of the selected entities. The selection set context menu is displayed.
- Select Make Group. The entities are grouped.
- Double-click on the group to enter the group's context.
- Select the Tape Measure tool (). The cursor changes to a tape measure.
- Click one end of a line segment to set the starting point of a measurement. Use the inference tool tip to make sure you click on the exact point.
- Move the mouse to the end point of the same line segment. A temporary measuring tape line, with arrows at each end, will stretch out from your starting point as you move the mouse.
- Click again at the other end of the line segment. The final distance is displayed in the Measurements toolbar.
- Enter a new size for the line in the Measurements toolbar and press the Enter (Microsoft Windows) or Return (Mac OS X) key. This size will be used as the basis for a proportional rescale of your model. The following dialog box appears.
- Click the Yes button. The model will be rescaled proportionally.
Note: This process also works with components.
Note: Only components that are created within the current model (not dragged from the Components Browser and loaded from an external component file) can be resized.