Creating an arc surface
As mentioned previously, arc surfaces are extruded faces with one or more arc edges. To draw an arc surface:
- Select the Arc tool. The cursor changes to a pencil with an arc.
- Click to place the starting point of your arc.
- Click again to place the ending point of your arc.
- Or, optionally type in values for the chord length, bulge distance, radius, and number of segments in the Measurements toolbar.
- Click again to set the bulge distance.
- Select the Line tool. The cursor changes to a pencil.
- Click at one end of the arc set the starting point of your line.
- Click at the other end of the arc to set the ending point of your line. This step completes a face consisting of an arc and a straight line.
- Select the Push/Pull tool. The cursor will change to a 3D rectangle with an up arrow.
- Click on the face.
- Move the cursor up to create an arc curve in the positive direction or move the cursor down to expand the arc curve in the negative direction.
- Click again when the arc curve has reached the desired size. The vertical curved surface is an arc surface.