Groups are useful for combining entities to perform a quick operation such as copy or move operations. To create a group:
- Select the Select tool. The will change to an arrow.
- Click and hold the mouse button a short distance away from the entities you want to select to start a selection box.
- Drag the mouse to the opposite corner of the selection starting point.
- Release the mouse button when all of the elements are either partially included (left-to-right selection) or fully included (right-to-left selection) in the selection box.
- Select the Edit > Make Group. Alternatively, context-click on the currently selected entities and select Make Group from the context menu. The geometry you selected appears grouped within a highlighted bounding box.
Note: The Make Group operation disconnects any geometry that was connected to the grouped geometry prior to placing the geometry in the group. The disconnected geometry is maintained outside of the group's context.
Note: You can make group hierarchies by grouping other Group entities within a group. Additionally, you can mix your hierarchies by including components and groups within other components and groups.
Note: You can ungroup grouped entities by context-clicking on the group and then selecting the Explode menu item.