Aligning edges to axes
One method for aligning edges to axes is to enable an option to display all edges in the color of their respective axis direction. For example, edges drawn in the up or down direction will be colored blue. To enable edge color by axis:
- Select Window > Styles. The Styles Browser is displayed.
- Select In Model from the drop-down list of edge types. Thumbnails of all of the current edge styles used are displayed.
- Click on the Edit tab. The Edit panel is displayed.
- Click on the Edge Settings icon (the first icon on the left). The Edge rendering panel is displayed.
- Select the By axis item from the Color drop-down list (at the bottom of the Edge rendering panel). All edges in your model will now be colored with the color of their respective axis direction.