Importing 3D DWG or DXF files
This is a Pro only feature.
To import a 3D DWG or DXF model file:
- Click File > Import. The Open dialog box is displayed.
- (optional) Click on the Options button to modify the import options, such as units, for the incoming file. See 'Import Options' section for further information.
- Click OK to import the file. The Import Results dialog box will appear containing details of the imported model.
- Click OK in the Import Results dialog box. The model will appear in the drawing area at the origin.
- (optional) Click on the Zoom Extents tool to locate the imported model if it is not currently displayed in your drawing area.
Note: It can take several minutes to import a large file because SketchUp's native geometry is very different from most CAD software and the conversion process is calculation-intensive.
Note: The imported model's entities will be enclosed within a group if geometry existed in the drawing area prior to importing the model.