Drawing engraved text
To draw text that appears engraved:
- Draw a large rectangular surface.
- Select Tools > 3D Text. The Place 3D Text dialog box appears.
- Enter the desired text in the text field.
- Check the 'Extruded' check box.
- Type a negative value in the 'Extruded' field.
- Click the Place button. A cursor appears with the text.
- Click on the rectangular surface. The text is placed on the surface as a group.
- Select the 3D text.
- Context-click on the 3D text. The context menu for the group is displayed.
- Select the Explode menu item. The 3D text explodes into its individual geometry.
- Select the face of each letter and press the Delete key on your keyboard. The face is removed and the letter appears to be engraved.