Ensuring edge alignment to axes
Search the Knowledge Center...
There are two methods to ensure your edges align to axes: change the cursor to the axes colors or change your edges to the axes colors.
Changing cursor to axes colors
One method for ensuring your edges are aligned to axes is to change the cursor so that it displays cross hairs that are the colors of the axes while drawing. To change the cursor to axes colors:
- Select Window > Preferences (Microsoft Windows) or SketchUp > Preferences (Mac OS X). The Preferences dialog box is displayed.
- Select the In Drawing item on the left-hand side of the Preferences dialog box. The Drawing panel is displayed.
- Click the 'Display cross hairs' checkbox.
- Click the OK button to close the Preferences dialog box. The cursor will display cross hairs that are the color of the axes.
Changing edges to axes colors
A second method for ensuring your edges are aligned to axes is to temporarily change the colors of your edges to reflect their alignment to one of the axis. To change edge colors to reflect axes colors:
- Select Window > Styles. The Styles Browser is displayed.
- Select In Model from the drop-down list of styles libraries. The styles in your model appear.
- Click on the Edit tab. One of the edit panels appears.
- Click on the Edge Settings icon. The Edge Setting panel appears.
- Select By axis from the Color drop-down list. The colors of the edges in your model change to reflect their alignment to the axes.